Register with Rocky View Schools
The best way to register your child is to take a completed 2014-15 registration form / foreign student application form to your child's designated school. Information about your child's designated school can be accessed here Attendance Area maps. If you are still unsure of your designated school, call 403-945-4125.
Parents have the option of enrolling their child in Kindergarten for one year provided the child is five years of age by the last day of February or not older than 6 years of age on September 1 of the school year the child begins Kindergarten. Students who are six years of age on or before the last day of February will be admitted to Grade One.
In order to register a student, parents/guardians will be asked to provide the following information:
- Proof of the child’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers, passport, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation
- House number and street address if you live in a town or city; your 911 address (e.g. 223245 TWP RD) if you live on a farm or an acreage
- Offer to Purchase, Bill of Sale, Lease Agreement, or utility bill to show proof of address if you are moving into/within the jurisdiction but have not yet taken possession of your residence
- Home and business telephone numbers (e-mail if available)
- Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the child
- Alberta Health Care Card number (not mandatory)
- Caregiver name, if the child is in care of an adult other than parent/guardian for part of day
- Name and address of child’s previous school (applies to students moving into the system)
- A copy of child's most recent report card
A registration form must be completed for each child in the family, even if siblings are attending the same school. Also note that a student transferring to another school within the division is still required to complete a registration form at the school he/she will be enrolled at. Parents wanting to register their child in a school other than the one they have been designated to attend must complete a Registration Form and an Out of Attendance Area application form.
Are you registering at one of RVS' three new schools?
Registration for RVS' three new schools, opening September 2014, is as follows:
- C.W. Perry (Airdrie) - register at Ralph McCall or Herons Crossing
- W.H. Croxford (Airdrie)- register at the Education Centre
- East Lake School (Chestermere) - register at Chestermere Lake Middle School or Prairie Waters
- Ontrack - 2014 Advanced Registration Edition
- School Fees
- School Supply Lists
- Alberta Education - Online Curriculum Tool English / French