Grade 1 - 12

Bar - Gr. 1 - 12

Rocky View Schools Looks Forward to Welcoming Your Family!

Students who do not attend kindergarten in 2020/21 and are six years of age or older on Sept. 1, 2021, must start grade 1 in 2021/22 as required by Alberta Education. Families with students already attending a RVS school do not need to re-register their child moving to a new grade or new school, as they will be automatically registered in their designated school. Before registering a new student, please review the important documentation you'll need on hand.

Register Online

New Families - To register a Gr. 1 - 12 students who has never attended RVS, please create a new account via SchoolEngage at:

Please watch the video before proceeding.


To enlarge the video, click the YOUTUBE icon in the bottom right.

Current Families - To register a new student in your family, go to the PowerSchool Parent Portal, login in and access School Engage on the left-hand menu. If you have moved residences and need your children transferred to a  new designated school, see Transferring School below.

After Registering Online

After registering online, a few days later, you will receive an email from the school notifying you if your child has been approved. If registering during the summer months when schools are closed, all registrations will be looked at once the schools open on the last week of August. At that time you will receive an email from the school notifying if your child has been approved.

For additional assistance with online registration call 403.945.4115.

Register In-Person

To register your child in-person, visit your designated school for assistance with the digital registration. Alternatively, you may visit RVS' Education Centre at 2651 Chinook Winds Drive, SW, Airdrie, to complete the digital registration using the community computer, as there are no longer paper application forms.

Transferring Schools

If your family has students currently attending RVS, but has moved residences within the jurisdiction with their children needing to be transferred to their new designated school, email both schools to request a transfer with your new address, including a proof of residence and the start date.

Out-of-Attendance Area

RVS parents wishing to transfer their K – Gr. 12 child to a school other than their designated school must complete RVS’ Out of Attendance Area application form and submit it to their designated school.

Once the form is signed off by the designated school administration, bring the form and a letter outlining why you are requesting the change to the school of your choice. That school’s administration will work with you to determine if this transition is possible.


Parents living outside RVS boundaries wanting to register their Kindergarten child in a RVS school must complete an Out of Attendance Area application form. The form will need to be submitted to the RVS school of choice to be considered for out-of-area enrolment.

Transportation Request

Once you have completed your school registration, you may complete the Bus Registration form, located in SchoolEngage just below the registration form. Visit the Transportation page for more information.

Additional Resources at Your Fingertips!

 Title   Type 
2021/22 School Calendar File
2022/23 School Calendar File
Bus Services Page
First Point of Contact at the Education Centre Page
PowerSchool for Parents Page
School Attendance Areas Page
Document Actions