Registration Documents

You Will Need This Information on Hand

To register a student, parents/guardians will be asked to provide the following information:

  • Proof of the child’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation
  • Proof of the child’s address. Documents must have the name of the parent/guardian who lives with the student, a document within the last six months and an Alberta address that matches the Student Resident Address.
    • Documents that will be accepted are:
      • Utility bill (gas, electric or water/sewer)
      • ​Home bill of sale
      • Lease/rental agreement.
      • Landline phone bill (must provide the full document that contains legal land address, recent date and parent name)
    • Documents that will not be accepted because they do not verify you still live at a certain address are:
      • Envelope window of a bill 
      • Insurance statement
      • Bank statement
      • Driver's license
      • Cell phone bill
  • House number and street address if you live in a town or city; your 911 address (e.g. 223245 TWP RD) if you live on a farm or an acreage
  • Home, cell and business telephone numbers (email if available)
  • Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the child
  • Alberta Health Care number (optional)
  • Caregiver name, if the child is in care of an adult other than parent/guardian for part of the day
  • Name and address of child’s previous school (applies to students moving into the system)
  • A copy of child's most recent report card