As the fifth-largest school board in Alberta, Rocky View Schools provides a positive quality learning experience to students living to the west, north and east of Calgary. The jurisdiction provides educational services to more than 28,600 public students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 through 53 schools and employs more than 3,000 staff.
Rocky View Schools is a world-class learning organization where all students achieve their absolute best.
Rocky View Schools connects with all students to ensure everyone learns, belongs, and succeeds.
- We are student-centered, actively supporting students where they are at.
- We create high-quality engaging environments where students take ownership of their learning.
- We promote life-long learning.
- We treat each other and ourselves with respect, kindness, and compassion.
- We seek opportunities to collaborate, cooperate, and include others.
- We learn from the diversity of our students, staff, and families.
- We engage with stakeholders and seek partnership opportunities.
- We communicate to enhance relationships and build public trust.
- We hold ourselves accountable for actions and results.
- We nurture creativity and critical thought.
- We pursue new ways and challenge the status quo.
- We encourage risk taking and recognize the importance of perseverance, commitment and courage.