RVS believes all students can and want to learn, to belong, and to experience mastery and independence within their learning. We believe inclusive education and inclusion in schools, classrooms and learning environments is the best way to nurture and accomplish success for all.
RVS' Learning Supports team works closely with school staff to support students with learning, social/emotional, sensory, behavioural, physical, cognitive, adaptive, communication, physical and mental health care needs to flourish and to meet their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
Accessing Learning Supports for Your Child
- The first step for parents and guardians who have questions or concerns about their child's success in school is to speak with their child's classroom teacher to discuss those concerns.
- The classroom teacher may need to consult with the in-school learning support team for collaborative problem solving and additional strategies.
- In-school learning support teams may access additional learning supports provided by the division. This support may include consultation, specialized assessments, targeted or intensive supports and strategies.
- If there is a need identified for a specialized assessment or on-going support, the school team will work with the parent/guardian on a formal referral.
Division Supports Available to Schools
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Enhanced Supports for Mental Health
- Family School Liaisons
- Learning Supports Specialists
- Mental Health and Wellness Team
- Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Stepping Stones to Mental Health