All service vendors and contractors will be pre-qualified and vetted according to RVS' processes, standards and procedures. Service vendors include those offering construction services, student services or professional and technical services.
Within the occupational health and safety manual, each contractor is identified by class. For additional information please see the Contractor Safety Manual.
Requirements in the agreement(s) for service providers include:
- Safety Program
- Safety Management Program
- Best Practices (Class 4 & 5)
- Insurance (including WCB)
- Confidentiality/FOIP/Use of Images
- Administrative Form 340-I Confidentiality Agreement for Personnel from External Agencies (must be updated and made for all third parties)
- Access to Information and Records & Transcripts
- Administrative Form 144-D Consent for Public Use of Volunteer/Visitor/Contractors Images/Work
- Contractor Safety Manual and Obligations
- Emergency Response Plans
- Site Orientations
- Prime Contractor Status
- AF5106-C Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) FormAdministrative Form 5106-C Electronics Funds Transfer (EFT) Form
- Contact Accounts Payable for payment information.
- Policies, Procedures and Safe Work Practices
Purchasing competitively and seeking maximum value for expenditures of public funds is an expectation for the entirety of RVS including all departments. To ensure open, fair, transparent and accountable purchasing practices are followed when procuring goods and services, expenditures of public funds must be made following mandated practices and legislation, including the New West Partnership Trade Agreement (NWPTA) and Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA).
All services on RVS sites require a service agreement. A service agreement may or may not be required for off-site services depending on the nature of the activities and venue.