RVS: “RVS” means The Rocky View School Division, its successors and assigns.
You: Refers you the Users or the Users Representative on behalf of the individual using the Service
Users: “Users” means anyone accessing the Services, including, employees, students, volunteers, contractors, parents/guardians, service providers of RVS, as well as the general public.
Users Representative: The “Users Representative” is responsible for any actions of the User if that User is under the age of majority (i.e. the Users parent/ guardian)
Services: “Services” means all information and technology services made available by RVS for the Users, including but not limited to, any RVS wireless or wired network, websites, email services, messaging services, learning management systems, data collection and retention systems (Personal Information Banks [PIBs]), RVS software or third party licensed software, and the content of any of the same.
By accessing the Services (whether provided by RVS or its affiliates) you agree to these Terms of Service (Tos), RVS’ administrative procedures, and applicable laws.
- You are responsible to make sure that your use, and the use by any User under the age of majority that you (the parent/ guardian) are responsible for, complies with applicable laws, these ToS, and RVS’ administrative procedures.
- You, the User or the User’s Representative, shall accept all responsibility and risk for access to or use of such content, and for the use of the Internet or of services accessed through RVS Services.
- You are responsible to follow the ToS below:
- Maintaining confidentiality of all IDs, passwords and other security data, methods and devices furnished in connection with the Services;
- Reporting any compromised accounts or activities;
- Respecting intellectual property rights;
- Adhering the laws of the Province of Alberta or the Country of Canada;
- Refraining from transmitting, distributing, redirecting, or storing material that, as reasonably determined by RVS, is inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, abusive, hateful or which contains or incites violence;
- Respecting the usage policies of the network(s), computing resource(s), service(s) or other offering(s) or platform(s) accessed through the Services;
- Considering the impact of your activities on other users and refraining from activities that will reduce the ability of others to use the Services;
- Abstaining from activities considered to be a precursor to attempted security violations unless you have prior express written consent from RVS’ Networks and Infrastructure Manager;
- Minimizing unsolicited or group e-mails to multiple recipients;
- Ensuring only authorized software and programs are used;
- Safeguarding RVS’ system or software to prevent, where possible, exposure to malware or programs designed or intended to disrupt, damage, overburden, impair or limit function.
- Negating the reproduction, duplication, copying, selling, trading, reselling or exploiting of any portion of the Services;
- Refusing to collect any content related to the Services, whether for future use or not. This includes the use of any data mining, or similar data gathering and extraction methods;
- Following Administrative Procedure 140 Acceptable Use of Technology Procedure and Administrative Procedure 147 Use of RVS’ Computer Devices.
- You acknowledge and agree that RVS is not responsible for the content, quality or accuracy of third-party services.
- You acknowledge and agree that RVS is not responsible for:
- limiting or preventing damages that you may suffer as a result of service interruptions, periodic maintenance or anomalies;
- providing assurances or guarantees regarding storage of data, materials or other matter;
- delivering guaranteed upload or download speeds.
Liability and Waiver
- RVS may monitor any User’s use of the Services at any time. Such monitoring may include, but is not limited to, the review of data and information that Users store or access on RVS systems. Any activities that are, or appear to be, illegal will be reported to law enforcement or other appropriate governmental authorities.
- RVS reserves the right to modify these ToS at any time. The use of the Services following such modification(s) to these ToS shall constitute User’s acceptance of the modified ToS. Any User that does not agree to accept the modified ToS must immediately stop using the Services provided by RVS or underlying providers.
- RVS assumes neither responsibility, nor any liability whatsoever, for any claims or losses arising from or otherwise relating to access to or use of offensive content, use of the Internet by Users, or other uses of the Services.
- A failure by RVS to enforce any provision within these ToS will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any portion of these ToS is determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, all remaining provisions shall remain in effect. Where any provision or portion of any provision within these ToS conflicts with applicable law, the law shall supersede such provision or portion thereof and all remaining aspects of these ToS shall remain in force and effect.
- You agree to indemnify and hold RVS, its elected trustees, servants, agents, employees, and third-party service providers with whom RVS contracts harmless from any claims or demands for damages resulting from, or related to, the User’s use of the Services.
- If you violate, or if you are suspected of violating, or do not comply with any part of these ToS RVS may take any action it deems appropriate. This includes, notifying you of the suspected violation, suspending your account, or terminating your account(s). These actions are in addition to, and not instead of, any and all other remedies that RVS may have against the User whether at law, equity, convention, or otherwise.
To report a violation of these ToS or an abuse of RVS’ Services, please contact RVS Service Request.